Marching Camp Details
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016
SEAMAN VIKING MARCHING BAND CAMP
Monday, August 1–Thursday, August 11, 2016
|August 1||Band room (Staff, leadership, percussion, color guard, & drill team only)|
|August 2||Band room (Above plus new students and freshmen)|
|August 3–5||Band room (Full band)|
|August 8–11||Band room (Full band)|
|August 11th at 6:00p||
Cookout with family and friends in SHS commons,
followed by handbook information in auditorium and
marching exhibition in stadium (approximately 7:30p)
*start of cookie dough fundraiser
Marching camp is held to get a head start on marching fundamentals, pre-game and half-time show prep, and for the band members to become familiar with each other in a band of about 220 members. It is imperative that all members are present every day of camp! When just one student is missing, it creates an empty spot on the field and becomes difficult for other students to learn movements, not to mention the missing student will be forced to catch up. Each student will be taught over 20 moves on the field and learn more than 10 songs in just 6 to 8 days of camp!
If a student is unable to attend camp for any reason, then it is requested that a parent e-mail Mr. Stahly (email@example.com) as soon as possible so other practice arrangements can be made for the band during the student’s absence. Yes, it’s that important.
WHAT TO BRING
Instrument, music and marching folder. If the student’s instrument is one that is rented from the school, please make arrangements with Mr. Dease to get the instrument during the summer or exchange the SMS instrument at the beginning of camp. It will be very warm weather, so please wear appropriate clothing, bring a water bottle and wear tennis shoes!
A white practice band shirt and insurance will be included in the camp fee of $30 due the first day you are at camp. This cannot be paid from a student’s band account.
Each student will be provided his/her own marching folder before the end of the current school year and should begin working on playing the music. It is important to get the cobwebs out and be able to play most of the music prior to the first day of camp. Please note that it is expected that students will have all pre-game and half-time music memorized for the first football game. Don’t worry about memorization over the summer, just be sure to practice!
|Director of Bands||Mr. Cary Stahly||(785) 224-3843|
|Assistant Director||Mrs. Anna Kennedy||(913) 530-8263|
|Director of Percussion||Mr. Emory Dease||(913) 530-2932|
|Front Line Instructor||Mr. David Liston||(785) 393-0058|
|Leadership Director||Ms. Anna Reb||(785) 221-1061|
|Color GuardCoach||Mrs. Sarah Brinkley||(913) 424-3105|
|Band Drill Team Coach||Mrs. Josie Dease||(785) 221-4162|
Winter Park Behavior Contract
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016
All students and their parents must complete the following behavior contract before being allowed to participate in the Spring 2017 band competition in Winter Park.
Competition Photos and Videos
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2015
Official event photos and videos are now available for purchase:
- Capital City Marching Festival
- KBA Marching Championship Photos
- KBA Marching Championship Videos
- Central States Marching Festival
Buffalo Wild Wings Fundraiser
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015
BWW Home Team Advantage—Each teammate has received a “Teammate Card” and every time they show this card at the sponsoring Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant, we will donate 10% of their total bill (less promotional discounts and unless otherwise specified) back to your program.
Here is how the program works:
- Bring your Teammate Card into your sponsoring restaurant, during your season. Details are on your card.
- Show your card, on a mobile device or via printed copy, to your server and let them know you are part of the Home Team Advantage Program.
- The server will add 10% of your total sales to your team’s running total. It’s that easy!
- At the end of the season (June 1, 2016), Buffalo Wild Wings will donate the 10% of sales that your entire team generated throughout the season back to your team.
Click here for an electronic PDF copy of the card you can keep in your phone.
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2015
How to access parent/student information in Charms:
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click the “ENTER/LOGIN” link at upper right.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your child’s program account using the following school code: “SeamanHSBand”
- This will bring up the main parent page. This will allow you to look at the public calendar for your organization, event list, handouts, and other files.
- Clicking on an event on the calendar brings up the details for that event—such as times, attendance requirements, volunteer opportunities, and other event details. Note that if a calendar event is specifically assigned to your child, it may NOT show up on this calendar—check the “Student” calendar after entering the student’s ID number.
- When you enter your child’s ID NUMBER (provided by your director) as a Student Area Password, another more detailed screen appears with even more options to view your student’s uniform assignments, music assignments, financial records, forms, and inventory. Once you have first entered this ID number, you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “lock” (Change Password) icon.
Two areas in which you can help the director maintain
- Update Personal Information—if the director has allowed it, you may help make changes to your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers and email addresses if they change) to help the teacher communicate with you more effectively. Click the Personal Info button.
- If your program has setup online payments, you can make credit card payments for fees, trips, and deposits to your student’s account. If credit card payment is activated, you will see blue buttons in the four main areas of the financial statement indicating your ability to make online payments.
- You will also see links to enter Practice Logs, view Grades, and use the Recording Studio if the teacher has enabled these options.
- Most importantly, the parent page assists both you and the teacher to communicate with each other. Stay up to date on what’s going on with your student!