Any remaining funds in your accounts will need to go through the processes below. Please let me know your preference if you haven’t already done so:
- Funds will either be transferred to or held for siblings joining the program within 2 years.
- Transferred to a preferred student as a donation.
- A donation to the program to help students in need.
If you are graduating or not returning next year and have a school-owned instrument, you are required to have it professionally cleaned and returned to us in proper condition in a timely manner. If you have more than one, choose what has been used the most to clean and repair. Transcripts and diplomas will be held until the instrument(s) is/are returned.
As we return to a sense of normalcy in the fall, our Booster Club is going to get its engine up and running again! We are looking for volunteers to help organize water donations, marching festival meal prep and service, hosting the NEKMEA District Band Festival, and a few fundraising endeavors. The more parent help we can get to support the kids, the easier and more successful these large scale events can be. Sign up here!
Current openings are:
- President – runs meetings, oversees operations, direct contact with directors
- Vice President – facilitates volunteer opportunities
- Treasurer – handles financial records and transactions
- Secretary – takes minutes of the meetings and maintains/retains meeting records
- “Pit Crew” – accompanies us to Marching Festivals and helps prepare the field, podiums, and front line equipment before our performances
- Volunteer – no obligations, just ready and willing to help when asked
The fireworks stand online schedule is ready! Please click on the link below to sign up:
This year we will start out only allowing each student to have TWO slots allocated to them. Those two slots may be filled as listed below. Please choose an option that works best for your student(s):
- A student works two different time slots
- A student and a parent/adult work together for a time slot
- A parent/adult works two different time slots
- Two parents/adults work together for a time slot
If you have any questions, please contact Vicky Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our contract is coming to a close with Charms Office Assistant. I have decided that we will not renew and instead support a new program called Cut Time provided by people within the music industry. I understand that it is “another thing to remember a password for,” but we appreciate your willingness to help us communicate with you efficiently and keep up your financial accounts. Part of the student’s assignment for today was to register their profile. I ask that you, the Parents/Guardians, create your profile by following these steps:
- Go to www.cuttime.net (note: .NET not .COM) and select “Student/Parent Sign Up” at top of screen.
- Follow the instructions to fill out the registration form.
- Choose your position as Student/Performer or Parent.
- Click the “Register Now” button.
I will receive an email with your request to join the group’s Cut Time account. Once approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a username and password. I will send instructions in next week’s weekly update on how to customize your profile and link yourself to your student’s profiles.
Over the course of the next few weeks I will be transferring the financial data over from Charms into Cut Time. We will no longer use Charms after January 1.
Due to the size limitations on GoogleMeet (and every other platform), we have asked that all Seniors log into class at 8:15am so we can stagger instruction. All percussionists, no matter the grade level, need to log into the percussion-specific link at the regular start of class to meet with Mr. Dease.
Staff will instruct students on the content needed for that day’s playing/theory lesson. Students will then have the remainder of the period to complete their assignments. Students need to communicate with me or Stahly if assignments can not be completed on time.
Due to social distancing restrictions, we are taking a volunteer pep band for the basketball games in December. If you are interested in participating, please fill out the volunteer form here: Volunteer Band.
4 – Fri – BBall v. Junction City
11 – Fri – BBall v. Emporia
15 – Tue – BBall v. Highland Park
We will be postponing any participation in basketball games until further notice.
Congratulations to the following Seaman musicians that auditioned and made the Northeast Kansas All-District ensembles. They are now eligible to audition for the Kansas All-State ensembles in January.
Riley Senne – Violin
Olivia Oliva – Cello
Tristan Vila – Bass
Molly McClimans – Trumpet
Emily Harmon – Tenor Sax
Natalie Shehi-Ohmes – Trumpet
Brynn Parrett – Flute
Samantha Viera – Percussion
Riley Senne – Guitar
Tristan Vila – Bass
Molly McClimans – Trumpet
Corbin Mott – Trombone
Mr. Stahly and Mrs. Kennedy will be providing a GoogleMeet Informational Meeting at 6:00pm on Wednesday, August 5th, in place of the in-person meeting originally scheduled. Our handbook, Charms, cookie dough, and Winter Park updates will be discussed. Please plan on attending virtually. If you are unable to do so, a recorded version will be available at a later time.
- Link to join the meeting: https://meet.google.com/dwr-hxqb-dis
- Disable your audio and video once you join.
- Should you have any questions, please utilize the chat feature and we will address them.
We had a wonderful morning with our leadership, percussion, and ADT students today. We look forward to seeing our incoming freshmen and transfer students tomorrow morning. Here is a quick reminder of what to expect when you arrive and what to bring:
- Camp begins at 8am and concludes at 10am.
- $40 camp fee in either cash, check made to “Seaman Bank,” or PayPal.
- NO INSTRUMENTS are needed tomorrow, but we will play on Wednesday.
- Masks must be worn to and from vehicles and when not actively marching on the field.
- Students will be greeted with hand sanitizer by our leadership and will give them a “bubble” on the track to put personal belongings and stay distant as we wait for all to arrive.
- Have a water bottle with you.
- Wear tennis shoes and school appropriate outdoor wear.
It’s going to be a beautiful morning to spend time with each other and remember how to move our bodies! There might even be an opportunity for someone to win $5 cash money. Can we say Sonic Happy Hour?
See you tomorrow!