The profits have been entered. Any questions regarding deposit amount can be directed to Vicky Smith at email@example.com.
We are in need of parents to offer their time sponsoring or serving on the “Pit Crew.” It is extremely important that we have parents willing to step up and help us at these events. Our staff simply can not get our students ready for their performances and get the field set up at the same time. You can see at most performances that is typical for other bands to have at least 7–10 parents helping on “Pit Crews.” If you are willing, we are thankful!
Below is a short description of each role. Please visit the links to sign up. I will be in contact with you should your services be needed. Note: You are able to sponsor and be on the “Pit Crew” for the same event.
Sponsor Role: Arrive 15 minutes prior to load time, ride the bus and monitor student behavior, monitor student behavior in the stands during other performances. (Assist in loading/unloading at the school and setting up the field on a needed basis.) Sponsor Signup
“Pit Crew” Role: Assist in transporting props, podiums, and frontline equipment from box truck to performance site, setting up performance site, transporting equipment back to the box truck after the performance. Pit Crew Signup
Please make sure that your apparel order and yearly band fee are taken care of by Friday, September 6th. Any students with a negative account will be sidelined for the football game and receive a “0” in the gradebook for that event.
Our annual band pictures will be on Wednesday, September 11th. Individual pictures are optional, but all students are required to be here for the full band picture. Order forms are located at the front of the band room and completed forms must be given to the company that morning.
Individual Picture Schedule (optional):
6:00am – Freshman
6:15am – Sophomores
6:30am – Juniors
6:45am – Seniors
7:00am Full Band Photo: all students in full uniform at the stadium by 7am.
Slight change to tonight’s schedule due to weather: the marching demonstration will now be at 6:30 in the stadium, followed by the parent meeting at 7:30 in the auditorium. Food trucks will still start serving at 5.
Students were instructed today on how to submit their Charms apparel order for the season and what specific items they need. I will be providing the same information here.
Each member is required to have the items listed below to complete their uniform. “Yearly required items” must be purchased each fall for every student. “If needed items” are required to have each year, but can be reused yearly once initially purchased. “Extra items” are just for fun.
Family members are encouraged to purchase shirts, sweatshirts, or sweatpants to wear. Any parent intending on sponsoring or becoming part of our pit crew will need to have a show shirt.
Yearly Required Items:
- 2019 Short-sleeved show shirt
- 1 pair of marching gloves (Woodwinds and brass only)
- Auxiliary Dance Team Tunic (ADT only)
If Needed Items:
- Marching Shoes – donated shoes are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Marching Shorts – must be the ones we offer.
- Dance pants (ADT only)
- Jazz shoes (ADT only)
Extra Items (Not required to purchase):
- Drawstring Bag
- Team Jacket (ADT only)
- Team Bag (ADT only)
Charms Order Payment
There are multiple options to take care of payment for your order:
- PayPal – you will be redirected to PayPal and complete your payment there.
- Charms account balance – select “Bill and Print” as the payment option and I will transfer the funds over. If you would like to use a portion of your Charms balance or don’t have enough to cover the full cost, just bring the remaining cost in the form of cash or check to me.
- Cash or check to “Seaman Bank” – select “Bill and Print” and deliver the payment directly to me.
ORDERS ARE DUE WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7TH!
PAYMENTS ARE DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH!
On all previous Spring correspondence, the camp fee was correctly listed at $35. In the last two updates, it was incorrectly listed at $30. Please be aware that all students are to bring their $35 camp fee the first day they come this week to receive their white TNR shirt. Cash or check made out to “Seaman Bank” are accepted. Fundraising accounts may not be used as a form of payment. Sorry for any confusion.
“Snack and Yak” July 31st, Beginning at 7:45 a.m.
Band booster club president, Kristin Greig, will be in the commons area available to answer any parent’s questions about the Booster Club and provide information about how parents can become involved. Snacks will be provided!
August 7th Demo Night
- Please bring a case of water to donate for the marching band season. Donations can be dropped off in the commons.
- The following food trucks will be in the SHS bus loop at 5 p.m.
- Hy-Vee (Mexican)
- KB’s Smokehouse
- Engroff Catering (Desserts)
- Kona Ice
- Each are donating a percentage of sales to the band booster club so please come and support our band and auxiliary!
- Drawings for free band merchandise will be given away during the demonstration.
We have heard through our leadership that a great many of our students had not received the show music for this fall. To help remedy the situation, we have uploaded all show music to Charms. You should be able to find everything for “Warped” under the documents tab when you log in.
Camp is three weeks away. Are you ready?