Seaman Band Booster Club (SBBC) Mission Statement
To support the Seaman Band Program events and activities.
- Meetings will be conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Meetings will be held at 7:00pm in the Seaman High School Band Room on the first Thursday of every month (excluding June and July).
- General membership will consist of those persons who attend the regularly scheduled meetings and who support the SBBC Mission Statement.
- On an annual basis, a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer (hereafter referred to as “Officers”) will be elected by simple majority from the general membership of the SBBC.
- The election of Officers will be held each April, with the newly elected Officers introduced and installed into office each May. Terms of each Officer run from June 1st to May 31st, and Officers may be re-elected for one consecutive term. In the event any Officer is unable to complete their term, a replacement will be elected from the general membership of the SBBC.
- Officers make up the Executive Committee and will meet separately from the general membership meetings, as needed. Minutes from these Executive Committee meetings will be read at the next meeting of the general membership.
- The Seaman High School Band Director and/or their assistant(s) will serve in an advisory capacity and will be liaison(s) between the SBBC and administrators of the Seaman District.
- Ad hoc committees will be formed, as needed to support band activities. Activities may include: Neewollah, Central States Marching Festival, firework stands, silent auctions, ice cream social, etc. All events will be reviewed annually for their effectiveness.
- A minimum of $1,000.00 is suggested to be held in the treasury from one year to the next. The yearly term runs from June 1st through May 31st. All expenditures must be approved by the general membership. Should expenditures arise before a regularly scheduled meeting, Members of the Executive Committee are authorized to spend up to $50.00 provided there is a unanimous vote among the Officers for such expenditures.
- Signature authority on SBBC bank deposit accounts shall be limited to SBBC Officers. Checks for expenditures exceeding $250.00 must be signed by the Treasurer and one other Officer.
- After June 1st and prior to the August meeting, the newly elected President will appoint two members from the general membership to conduct an audit of the treasurer’s reports, bank statements, and check book. His/her two appointees will perform the audit.
- It is not the intent of the SBBC to provide funds for items that are otherwise the responsibility of the Seaman School District. All expenditures should be in full and direct compliance with the SBBC Mission Statement.
- Annually, at each May meeting, the mission statement and guidelines shall be reviewed by the general membership of the SBBC and, after making any revisions or amendments deemed necessary, be approved by the general membership of the SBBC. Revisions or amendments requested during any other time of the calendar year may be proposed by any member of the SBBC at a regularly scheduled meeting and may be either rejected or approved by official majority vote of the general membership of the SBBC.