Seaman Band Booster Club (SBBC) Mission Statement
To support the Seaman Band Program events and activities.
- Meetings will be conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of
- Meetings will be held at 7:00pm in the Seaman High School Band Room on
the first Thursday of every month (excluding June and July).
- General membership will consist of those persons who attend the
regularly scheduled meetings and who support the SBBC Mission Statement.
- On an annual basis, a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and
Treasurer (hereafter referred to as “Officers”) will be elected by simple
majority from the general membership of the SBBC.
- The election of Officers will be held each April, with the newly elected
Officers introduced and installed into office each May. Terms of each Officer
run from June 1st to May 31st, and Officers may be re-elected for one
consecutive term. In the event any Officer is unable to complete their term, a
replacement will be elected from the general membership of the SBBC.
- Officers make up the Executive Committee and will meet separately from
the general membership meetings, as needed. Minutes from these Executive
Committee meetings will be read at the next meeting of the general
- The Seaman High School Band Director and/or their assistant(s) will
serve in an advisory capacity and will be liaison(s) between the SBBC and
administrators of the Seaman District.
- Ad hoc committees will be formed, as needed to support band
activities. Activities may include: Neewollah, Central States Marching
Festival, firework stands, silent auctions, ice cream social, etc. All events
will be reviewed annually for their effectiveness.
- A minimum of $1,000.00 is suggested to be held in the treasury from one
year to the next. The yearly term runs from June 1 St through May 31st. All
expenditures must be approved by the general membership. Should expenditures
arise before a regularly scheduled meeting, Members of the Executive Committee
are authorized to spend up to $50.00 provided there is a unanimous vote among
the Officers for such expenditures.
- Signature authority on SBBC bank deposit accounts shall be limited to
SBBC Officers. Checks for expenditures exceeding $250.00 must be signed by the
Treasurer and one other Officer.
- After June 1st and prior to the August meeting, the newly elected
President will appoint two members from the general membership to conduct an
audit of the treasurer’s reports, bank statements, and check book. His/her two
appointees will perform the audit.
- It is not the intent of the SBBC to provide funds for items that are
otherwise the responsibility of the Seaman School District. All expenditures
should be in full and direct compliance with the SBBC Mission Statement.
- Annually, at each May meeting, the mission statement and guidelines
shall be reviewed by the general membership of the SBBC and, after making any
revisions or amendments deemed necessary, be approved by the general membership
of the SBBC. Revisions or amendments requested during any other time of the
calendar year may be proposed by any member of the SBBC at a regularly
scheduled meeting and may be either rejected or approved by official majority
vote of the general membership of the SBBC.